Thursday, October 21, 2010

Exciting News!

I had told you all the weekend we celebrated The Inn's 40th Anniversary was going to be exciting because my family was all coming in. My brother, Chan was bringing his girlfriend,Cameron and she was going to stay with Scotty and me for the weekend. I really love her...she comes quite often for a visit and I have really enjoyed getting to know her, so we were excited she was going to stay with us. That week (couple days prior to their arrival) I had taken my grandfather to Asheville for a doctor's appointment. I was sitting in the lobby and out of the blue I get this text from Chan with a picture of Cameron's engagement ring that said in a nutshell..."Nikki, I am going to do this. Don't you tell a soul or I'll kill you. I want to talk to Mom and Dad in person this weekend while I am home."  My reaction after I about fell off my seat was, "holy crap...and you are having her stay with me? I have to keep my mouth shut and walk in paranoia of saying something the whole weekend?...Are you insane?" But, I was so excited I could hardly contain myself. I was 100% sure Chan had already told Corby but wasn't sure if my sister had received the text. When we got in the car, I called Chan, congratulated him, found out more of the details. I was like, "Chan..you realize she is staying at my place this weekend and that makes me a little nervous." Chan was like, "I think it is great. This will allow me to spend some time with mom and dad and I won't have to worry about her being around the whole time so I can talk with them.  He told me to tell Scotty, so I immediately called him and his reaction, "Is your brother crazy for letting Cameron stay with you?" Oh gee, thanks for the confidence-ha! I, of course, found every way to defend myself! That night my sister called and ugh, I so wanted to ask her if Chan had been in touch with her, but I did not. At the end of the conversation Ellie said, "Can I ask you something? I said, yes. She said did Chan tell you the news?" Wow, I was so relieved that Chan had already told her so we were able to talk about it. Ellie was as nervious as I was about making sure we wouldn't let anything slip, but no one did. Chan talked to Mom and Dad on Saturday night, so we were able to talk about it when Cameron would go walk her dog or something. It was so hiliarious. I even had a super long conversation with Cameron about Chan and just played so ignorant. I kind of felt bad because I knew she was ready for this step but just acted ignorant to the fact. But, I really did want to know how she and Chan were doing, so this was just a fun way to ask : ) It was quite funny-
Anyway, to make a long story short...Chan proposed to Cameron last Friday in Charleston, SC. He had to fly to Honduras the following day, so we haven't heard when the big day is yet. I know it takes time planning these things, so we shall see. Think they are aiming for a Feb or March wedding. But, I am super excited about having a new sister-in-law. Cameron is a beautiful woman on the inside and out and we are thrilled she will be a part of our family! I wish I had a picture of them, but I do not. Actually, I do, but I have to scan it and don't have the scanner at home, so maybe I can do that soon and post a picture of the two of them!
So, congratulations to Chan and Cameron! We are all very excited!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats to your brother & his fiancee! And good job for keeping the secret :) :)

    ReplyDelete