Saturday, October 2, 2010

A little update...ok, maybe a long one!

I find myself not blogging nearly as much as I did when I first started this whole blogging thing. I knew it would end up this way. I had literally been on my couch sick for over a month and was about to go nuts, so this gave me a little venue during that time. Now that I am back in the "land of the living," I have slowed down, but that is ok. I am a woman with a lot of words to say (my husband can vouch for that :) So sometimes I find myself starting to type and it will go on and on and I will stop in the middle of the story and be like, who the heck wants to read all this? Not me. I don't think it is so much the length of the story sometimes, but I start writing at 11pm and then I get too exhausted and find myself rambling on when it is that late. Funny story about that. If know my husband and me, we are a bit of "opposites" when it comes to our hours of operation. I have, for the majority of my life, always been a person who goes to bed earlier (meaning 10:30ish) and I am and early riser. Scotty, however, is just getting his second wind at 11pm at night and he likes to sleep in in the mornings. Depending on what is taking place in our lives with the theatre...  , depending on rehearsals, concerts, things going on at The Inn, we sometimes don't get home till 10pm, 11pm midnight,  etc. I have had to force myself to become a night owl. Plus, sometimes the evenings after we get home from all this are the only times Scotty and I can catch up on life. Anyway, it works a little better for him, harder for me...especially in the during the summers when I would leave home at 6:30am to be at The Inn. I need my sleep or I can become very irritable. Plus, this past year, I have been averaging about 3 hrs of sleep a night. For some reason, every morning, I would wake up about 3am and never go back to sleep. So, in saying all this, there is no doubt why I keep getting sick. So, I am making some changes as we speak, to help my body get some rest and stop getting sick! Anyway, back to the point of this. When we were in Florida it was about 11:15pm and Scotty and I had just gotten back in our hotel room and I was yawning and he said, "Nikki, you are so funny. You get so tired this time of night." Laughingly, I said, "I'm sorry, doesn't everyone else in the world get tired at 11:15 at night?" He was like, "I'm just getting my second wind." I said, "Well, you go ahead and get your second wind, but this girl is going to bed!" I thought it was really funny!
Anyway, we celebrated my granfather's 95th birthday this past week. Yep! He is unbelievable and overall in incredible health! I started typing this whole blog about my grandfather last night and it turned into a book practically and it was too late when I was typing it so I just stopped. I will go back to it eventually. But, to explain my grandfather takes a lot of words and time. He has been a trememdous blessing in my life since I moved back to Franklin (he lives with my parents). Boy, I think with me telling you stories about my experiences with him would make you laugh hysterically. He is one of a kind!
The rest of my week has consisted of rehearsals for Jekyll and Hyde, which I am super excited about. This show has some of the most beautiful music. To be such a heavy show in the sense of the story, the music is unbelievable and I am super excited about it! I had to take my grandfather to several doctor appointments that took up a good majority of my day(s),  and the rest of the time I spent scanning tons and tons of pictures for The Inn's 40th Celebration next weekend. I am putting together a picture show and it will be the longest picture show ever. But, we are keeping it running the whole day. Good thing because if you were to sit down and watch it, you would stay in the same seat the whole time and I don't think anyone wants to do that! Ha! I really have enjoyed scanning pictures. It has brought back so many special memories. I really am so incredibly blessed to have been raised in such an incredible enviornment and to have met so many different people that have come from so many different walks of life. It truly is amazing!
I can 't tell you how excited I am about this event. People are coming from everywhere...people that have been a huge part of my life through the years, people that I haven't seen since I was little, etc. Plus my whole family (everyone except my sister-in-law...we will miss you, Annie) will be here. Corby is coming in from California, Chan and his girlfriend are coming, and of course, Ellie and her family.  Ellie's father-in-law, John Beckett will be our guest speaker. You can click on his name and read his bio. He is an outstanding man and we are so blessed he is coming to share with us! Thursday night our entire board of directors will come in, Friday they will be in meetings most of the day, then Friday night we are having a fundraiser/dinner at The Inn and then Saturday everyone comes in for the day. Super fun! I will for sure blog about it!
Scotty had to leave early this morning to be at the theatre, so I am finishing up some photos (after I blog) and heading over to The Inn for a little while then we have to go to Atlanta this afternoon for Scotty to get some last minute things for Tom Sawyer. This play opens Tuesday, so please come see it http://www.greatmountainmusic.com/.
I hope your weekend is filled with many blessings!  Thank you for taking the time to read this long, rambling blog! I leave you with this scripture as an encouragement “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” – Jeremiah 29:11 (NIV) - whatever you might be going through, be encouraged that God designed your life and His plans will give you hope and a future-
Nikki

2 comments:

  1. Have a great anniversary weekend and a safe trip. I blogged about 9 to 5 the Musical if you are interested.
    http://jereelizabeth.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm the same way... I get going and it ends up being a realllly long post :) I love hearing what's going on in your life, and keeping up with you this way. I miss our lunches together :)

    Oh and it's opposite in our family... I am the night owl and Scott is the early bird. Except it's 9pm for him... if he sits still after 9pm, he is ASLEEP. And me, I can't go to sleep to save my life. I'm trying to become an early bird, but so far it's not working out very well!

    ReplyDelete