Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Recap of this past week-

I am sitting here this morning trying to figure out how to describe the past couple of days...you know when something is so special it is hard to put into words how you truly feel. Right now, I find my heart filled with so much gratitude, appreciation, joy, love and no doubt hurting a bit (my sister and her kids left at the crack of dawn this morning and I always find my heart aching when they leave : (   The Inn's 40th Celebration was absolutely wonderful!  I can't begin to tell you how hard the staff worked to prepare for this event...the amount of work that was put into preparing The Inn in general was unbelievable. We are so blessed to have such a dedicated staff.  I wish I could go into detail about all that happened, but it would take forever for me to type it all. So to sum it up, it was just all around an incredible weekend...from the fundraiser on Friday night to seeing so many wonderful friends who have been a part of The Inn for the past 40 years...it is hard to express how joyful my heart was over the weekend. It was so much fun having my family home, always sad when they leave...you know, I don't care how old you are, when your family has to part seperate ways, it is always hard. We are all so spread out now that when we get together, I just find myself trying to grasp every second I can with my family because you know everyone is going to have to leave eventually, so I just try to take in every moment I can! I love my heritage and the atmosphere I grew up in. I know with out a doubt that I am very blessed and for whatever reason the Lord chose me to be in the family I am in and for that, I am very grateful.
So, now that this event has come to a close, I have another exciting event planned this weekend to see three of my closest friends.  The four of us girls have been the best of friends since highschool and like everyone else, our schedules don't allow us to see each other as much as we would like, but when we all get together, it is like we all just pick up where we left off. We are driving up to Blacksburg, VA to celebrate my friend Corie's 33 birthday. It will be just the 4 of us girls...I am looking forward to a weekend filled with so much laughter that when you see me next time my face will probably be stuck in a smiling position because Jennifer (Wiggins) Nelson has made us laugh so hard! That girl is a hoot...there is no one who can make you laugh like Jennifer! We all ran cross country together in high school and have remained the best of friends ever since. I love these girls-
My dear, precious husband continues to crank out hours and hours at the theatre. It is a good thing he loves what he does! It was so funny the other day I had this man walk up to me and he was talking to me about the theatre and said, "Well, I guess the theatre is Scotty's second home." Laughingly, I said, "No. Actually our home is his second home because he is at the theatre more than he is at home." It is true! I am very proud of him. We are working on Jekyll and Hyde and holy cow...you all better come! It is going to be quite the show. There is one song that lasts 7 minutes (it is a group number) and the amount of choreography/movement that this song has in unbelieveable! I just hope I can remember it all! But that is not the only song that requires such...it is so funny because I was dumbfounded at the number of people who have no idea that my husband has to come up with all the steps, movements, costumes, sets, etc. A lot of people ask me..."well, in the script doesn't it tell you how to do everything?" Um, NO! The script only gives you the words you say on the stage.  But, if you have never done a show before, how would you know? I love to brag on my husband. He is amazing and I am just so proud of him and thankful he is able to do what he loves to do!
Well, folks...that is all for now. I could share a zillion other things, but time is running out. I have to pick my 95 yr. old grandfather up and take him to the doctor and go for our weekly outing to Wal-Mart. No lie...I will be in Wal-Mart for 3 hours with him, so if you are in the area...feel free to stop by! We will be in one of the aisles.
May your week be filled with all the blessings in the world! Be encouraged!
Nikki

1 comment:

  1. I hope you have a GREAT time with your girlfriends! how fun!

    And I know how often Scott is at the theatre, so I can't imagine how much Scotty is there!

    ReplyDelete