Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Grocery shopping

So, today I took my 94 yr old grandfather for our "weekly" grocery shopping and had an interesting encounter while filling his cart up with his essentials. I kept passing this man in the aisles and he kept looking at me...not so much in a creepy way, but an interesting enough look where I was like, why does he keep looking at me? You know that feeling. So, I am putting things in my grandfather's cart and the man comes up to me and says, "May I ask you a question?" "Sure," I said with a smile on my face. He proceeded, "Is your name Michelle?" "No", I said, "my name is not Michelle." (I wasn't about to tell him my name). He snapped his finger and said, "Oh man. My mistake. You know you have an identical twin here in town." "I  do?"  "Yes!" he said. "I took my kid to school the other day and met a lady named Michelle who looks exactly like you." "Oh," I said. Then he said, "But, SHE WAS A LOT THINNER THAN YOU." "What??????????????????????????????????????????????"
Did you really just say that????????????????????  I mean, seriously, I am a complete stranger and even worse, I am a woman!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just to let you all know I did laugh and I turned to my grandfather and asked him if he would buy me a dozen doughnuts! Ha!

5 comments:

  1. That's crazy! You are perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Priceless! And you thought taking Popa Pete out today was going to be BORING! Do bring the donuts to work and share them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that IS crazy! You are SO thin... not to mention gorgeous. Don't even listen to the crazy grocery man :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Y'all are sweet! I just thought it was funny! I don't think he meant the way it came across, but you know how we girls are! : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. UH...How can anyone be alot thinner than you Nikki?

    ReplyDelete