Friday, August 6, 2010

Yeah Mom!

So my precious mother sang in Mrs. Patti's Talent Show tonight and I am so proud of her. For the past several years, Mrs. Patti has put on this enormous talent show featuring all local talent to help raise money for missions. Every year, Mrs. Patti has asked the two of us to sing a duet together, which has been great fun and actually very special. Most of you all know my mom has been my biggest cheerleader through the years(and never once a "stage" mother in the process- I can honestly vouch for that :) so when we get an opportunity to sing together, we just have loads of fun. It has actually been an answer to prayer that (a) my mother and I have had opportunties to perform together and (b) we live in a town where we are given the opportunties to be able to perform (that is another whole story in itself that I will share one of these days).  Because I have been sick this week, I  had to back out and left mom singing solo...which, was probably the best thing! She sang "Broadway Baby" like only she can and was just fabulous! So proud of you, Mom!

p.s. I did try to take a picture with my camera phone to post, but it came out in a big blog. Oh well-

No comments:

Post a Comment