Sunday, August 8, 2010

No patience sometimes

If you hang out with me long enough you will come to find out that there are areas in my life that I consider to have some patience, but standing in line and waiting on people to make up their minds is not one of them. Scotty and I just ran to Subway to grab a quick sandwich because he has to be at the theatre and when we walked in, we had beat the church crowd, which is a miracle on a Sunday here in Franklin. I walked in and was like, "How nice that we can just breeze through the line...there is only one person standing in front of us." Oh no...this lady was beyond ridiculous. Evidentally, her husband and son were in the restroom, which I would have to calculate just their time in the restroom was about 10 minutes because that is how long it took this lady to order 3 sandwiches. The kind lady behind the counter would ask, "What would you like," and the slow poke would just stand there and say, "well, um....hmmm, maybe I'll have some turkey. Oh, I don't know what kind of cheese I want today....hmmm, maybe some American." Mind you, for that one sandwich I calculated for those two simple decisions it took about 4 minutes. And then, she added, "my next sandwich, um, maybe I will just get a spicy italian...." "Would you like it toasted?"  "um,hmmmmm not sure, I guess so." Ok, so by this point I was about to just order her sandwiches for her. Can't stand it when people are so inconsiderate of those around them that the whole world revolves around what kind of sandwich they want and they take forever to decide! I mean, how do people get anything done?  And then, her husband and son walk out and her husband tells the lady behind the counter what he wants on his spicy italian sandwich and it took him another 10 minutes to tell what he wanted on his one sandwich! Guess they were meant for each other because their decision making was about the same speed. Then, the coke machine was low and the poor girl behind the counter was carrying the huge container of the carbonated drinks to replace the others and the husband is standing in front of the coke machine and no lie, he would click one of the drinks and take a sip and shake his head. Then he did this like 5 times. If he would have turned around and noticed the girl was trying to change out the drinks, it would have saved yet another 10 minutes of  this wasteful moment. I don't know why I don't take a chill pill in these moments. It is a definite area I need to work on in my life because it solves no problems for me, it just gets me in an absolute tizz. Scotty is so good in trying to help me out because when I get like this, it just eats away at me. So, I guess the moral of the story is, people, please have little bit of an idea of what you want when you are going to stand in a line when other people are around. It is ok not to know exactly what you want, but try to make a quick decisions, and for myself, get a grip and don't let the little things drive you nuts. Geeze!

1 comment:

  1. The same thing happened to me yesterday. My phone died so I ran into Sprint to pick up a new one and there was one worker and one lady in there. She needed him to explain every phone (TWICE), help her make a decision and then feel good about it. I finally said "I know what I want can you just get it?" She was like "sorry, I'll just be a few minutes." To make a long story short I left and drove to another Sprint store.
    I just hope God realizes that he didn't create me to be a patient person. That's kind of blaming God though isn't it? I take that back. ;)

    ReplyDelete