Sunday, August 22, 2010

This past week...

Well, cheers to another week! I find myself every morning while driving to work, thanking the Lord for a new day, allowing me to be a part of it even though it may not go the way I always want it to, I consider it a great priveledge to be alive. Life is a gift.
Anyway, I am finally starting to feel normal again. That pneumonia stuff is for the birds, that is all I have to say. Although, Friday, I started coughing my lungs out again and it has been going on all weekend. I am calling the dr. in the morning to see if this is something I just have to walk out, or if she can once again give me some medicine. I am all for medicine if it helps. I am a true believer in healing without a doubt and have witnessed many people healed in my young age ; ), but if some medicine can help the process, I am all for it!
Amen!
The Blue Moon Musical Revue show ended this past week. Everyone did a great job. Kudos to my husband who is an absolute creative genius. He is amazing and I am ALWAYS amazed at the things he creates and the ideas he comes up with. He was born to do what he is doing and I owe God and some special people here in town a lifetime of thank you's for the opportunity he has given my husband. Scotty is probably the most driven person I have ever met. His brain is constantly creating (even in his sleep)- he doesn't stop moving. Oh the stories I have! But, the "behind the scenes" work it takes to do what he does....good gosh, he has more talent in his pinky than I could ever imagine in a lifetime. What comes out on stage that brings a smile to people's faces, is nothing but hours and hours and hours and hours and hours and hours and hours and hours and hours of hard work. I am extremely proud to be married to him!
We had an incredible blessing at The Inn last week. A church out of Mocksville, NC came for the entire week and painted the whole Inn as their mission's trip. Is that not an unbelievable blessing? These people were some of the most incredible examples of servants I have ever met. The Inn is looking the best it has ever looked thanks to so many people who have prayed for years and years and who have so graciously given to help us get The Inn where it needs to be. You know, it really is so amazing how faithful the Lord is. I have experienced first hand the Lord's faithfulness. One of these days maybe I will write about what the Lord has taught and shown me these past 7 yrs. being back home and working full-time for ministry. I feel it is so much, but at the same time, it would be good to share because in many ways I know that I am a living example of the faithfulness of Jesus Christ. We all are! So, why don't we all share ? : )
As many of you know, Sam Crabtree was in a bad car wreck right behind the theatre. I was gallovanting to the theatre to pick Scotty up for lunch and just pulled in when the ambulance arrived. I could barely tell if it was Sam's car, but I called Scotty right away and asked if Sam had left. I told Scotty that I was pretty sure it was Sam in the wreck and he needed to come out right away.  Scotty was cleaning the laundry room and ran out on the stage to see if Sam was still there and came running out of the theatre. Sure enough, it was Sam. That is never something you want to see. I don't care if you know the person or not, it is never good. My cousin who was born on the same day as me was killed in a car wreck when we were 13 yrs. old. I grieved so hard after her death that I did not celebrate my birthday on my birthday until after college. Isn't that crazy? About 5 yrs. ago my mom was in a horrible car accident. We were eating lunch at The Inn and I saw my dad running out to his car. Me, not knowing anything except that my mom was in a wreck, got in my car and started driving. It happened on the interstate right down the road. I remember seeing my mom's car and just wanting to throw-up when I saw her car, but all I wanted to know is that she was alive. Of course, she was! But, I had a similar fear when I saw Sam's car. Everett was there and came running up to tell us he was alive. I know in those situations you have to remain calm and be strong, so I think all my fear went to my knees. My knees started trembling...then Sam's mom arrived on the scene and I know you can't imagine what a mother feels when they see their child in that situation and she could do nothing but start weeping. Anyway, Scotty and I took her to the Franklin hospital and on our way found out that Sam was being flown to Asheville, but he was going to be ok! Sam, you scared the living daylights out of us all, but we are glad you are ok! Sam is still in the hospital (Scotty is over in Asheville as we speak)...I think he is going stir crazy because he text Scotty at 6am to see if he could come over today. Bless him. He still has a high fever, so they are taking it a day at a time. Please continue keeping him in your prayers-
Thursday night at the theater Steven C. Chapman performed an unbelievable concert. He used to be one of favorites in college and it was just so great to see him peform! I prayed for his family quite a bit when they tragically lost their little girl. It was such a testimony to hear him speak about it and he really did just perform a "raw" concert. By that I mean, it was mainly he and his guitar and him sharing about his love for the Lord and what his whole experience in him losing his daughter. I left there that evening feeling so touched and so blessed- To the other extreme Tim Hawkins the Christian comedian performed last night and it was so great to hear people literally laughing non-stop. I was working the merchandise table, so I didn't get to hear all of him, but the little bit I did...I was laughing so hard I was crying! So fun that we have this outlet in our little town!
Today we celebrated Scotty's grandmother's 80th birthday. Lots of food, fun and family. Someone had made these delicious chicken salad sandwiches (you know the little triangular sandwiches) I ate 10 of them. Yep. I am not even exaggerating or lying...they were so incredibly light and delicious, I couldn't contain myself. hmmmmmmmmm.
So, this is an incredibly lengthy blog, but just a recap. Here's to a new week! Wishing each of you all the blessings the Lord can give you during the week (sounds like a Christmas card) Just remember He is faithful and like my dear friend Melissa Lee once shared with me, "Nikki, the Lord hears the prayers you laugh at." Meaning, do you ever pray those prayers that seem so far out there that you laugh at them while you are praying for them because they just seem so impossible, but you thought you would ask anyway? Well folks, He hears them, so pray away!!!

1 comment:

  1. I love the last thing you said about the Lord hearing the prayers we laugh at. That's always good to know, because some of the things I pray for really do some impossible. Thanks for sharing that.
    Love you and hope to see you soon!

    ReplyDelete