Thursday, August 5, 2010

My sweet niece...



On vacation in June, my niece,Gracianna, and I sang songs out the wazoo. I don't know if any of you ever had those moments growing up when you would get out on the beach and because the waves are so loud and the wind is blowing so hard, you felt as though you could belt a song as loud as your lungs would allow without anyone hearing. I used to do that. I know that is hard to believe, but when I was like in middle school, um, and maybe high school and ok, a time or two in college, (haha!) I would get out in the ocean and make believe I was in a musical or something ridiculous and would sing songs at the top of my lungs! That is if my twin brothers weren't around trying to drown me. Come to think of it, I did get some rather odd looks from people.  Anyway, I got so cracked up at Gracianna this year because every evening our family would take a long walk on the beach and the two of us, along with my mom, (my dad actually joined in with some harmony. I was like...wow, dad!) sang our hearts out. Gracianna would start out so quiet and then after about the third Christmas song, she would be belting at the top of her lungs. It so reminded me of myself- One of the songs I taught her was "On Top of Ol' Smokey." I myself, don't think I remembered all the words to the song, so I kind of made it up. One day she will remind me that I completely had it all wrong, I am sure. But, we were in the car one day and I got her singing it on video- enjoy!

1 comment: