Wednesday, August 4, 2010

I live vicariously through HGTV

So, I pretty much keep HGTV on all the time. Well, at least in the past week while I have been on the couch, I have watched it non-stop. I love the House Hunter/House Hunter International shows. I love to see the options people have and try to figure out which house they will actually buy. Scotty says this show makes him feel depressed, but for some reason I love to watch it! I love to live vicariously through the people who have a budget of a million or more and they are buying a house in the Caribbean Islands....what really cracks me up though are the ladies who are like, "well, the shower isn't what I was hoping for." I'm like, oh please, you have a trillion dollars and can buy you a new shower for cryin out loud!" It  actually does make my stomach turn. I also love to watch the design shows...to watch these designers completely transform a room into something glorious is quite entertaining. I did secretly enter our names online for an HGTV drawing to win a vacation home in Arizona a couple of weeks ago. You could enter as many times as you would like up to a certain date to win. So I did, twice. Then started thinking..."Nikki, seriously, what makes you actually think you could keep up with a house in Arizona? Just the cost of the flights to get there would break you." So, I stopped entering. But it was a nice thought for the moment : ) I would rather win a house in the Carribeans.
To completely change the subject I go back to the doctor in the morning for a test to see if I may have pleurisy. I am feeling better, but I feel like my chest has needles constantly poking me. They took chest x-rays and they came back just fine, thankfully, but something is still not right. I really really really want to feel better! I haven't been able to rehearse for the Blue Moon show in a week and I am just praying I can do it, but I really don't know. We will have to make a decision by tomorrow. Thankfully, the Heroes programs have ended for the summer at The Inn, so I am not missing too much. We do have a group coming in for the week, next week, so I am hoping by then I will be able to be a part. I hate missing out on things, but obviously my body is telling me different. Scotty and I go non-stop (well, who doesn't anymore) but I have been to the doctor more this year than I have in my life and it is just time for that to stop! But, perhaps I just need to make some adjustments in my routine . We get home a lot of nights around 11pm or so and during the summer, I get to the Inn early in the mornings, so it makes for long days and short nights. I wouldn't have it any other way, but my sleeping patterns are not good, so I have got to figure out something where I am able to get some more sleep. Oh well, I have made up for it this past week and just obviously have to start making changes, even if they are small ones. This is such a random blog and shallow-

6 comments:

  1. Feel better soon! I love to watch House Hunters as well, and I find it a little depressing as well. I always try to guess which house they will pick, and I think I've been right once!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so funny, Jere! I will try to call you this week. Is there a time that is best?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a quiet weeks so anytime is fine. Even work is kind of quiet so I can talk during the day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you feel better SOON! Oh and Scott love House Hunters & House Hunters Intl... so I've started watching it some too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Too much fun! I am feeling somewhat better. Went to the doctor and she said I do have pleurisy and a bit of asthma and she put me on a steroid to knock it out. My hands and knees are shaking like crazy...it is quite funny! Hope you are doing well and look forward to seeing you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Greg loves House Hunters. The ladies with the shower problems make me crazy so I don't watch as much. HGTV is on at our house all the time :)
    So glad you're blogging. You know Emily and I find the life of Scikki very interesting and God Definately knew what HE was doing with you two. We will hopefully be back for Jeckle/Hyde. Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete